Friday, February 17, 2012

2 Years Ago Today


2 years ago today we were moving into our 2nd home in the "hood." It was a long weekend filled with boxes, window blind hangings, friends doing things that only friends would do for you, and a flood. Yes, a flood. Day 2 of moving I decided to start a load of sheets in the washing machine so I could make the beds. My being OCD and all I wanted to get my beds made because I knew that would make me feel a little bit better. A little bit more like this was a home and not just sheer chaos.

But about 5 minutes into the wash our entire downstairs started to flood with water. And Tide. Which is the upside really because our house smelled like Tide with a hint of Downy for about a week. If life gives you a flood make sure you wash with downy or something like that. Anyway, we got it all mopped up, again with a lot of friends that literally held me up and even a special one that said, "Let's go to Target" in the midst of it all. And you know what, that little trip to Target kept me from the looney bin and jail, I am quite positive. So thank you sweet Courtney.

We have now lived in Binghampton for 6 years, in two different homes, two different streets, and many different friends and neighbors. One thing has remained the same though, our call to be here. We are so grateful and blessed for this community. We have seen good and bad, hurt and healing, light and dark. We have shed tears and we have laughed.

And it has been good. The lessons learned here, the relationships built, the seeds planted and the restoring of the broken both in our neighborhood and within our own hearts has changed us. We see things differently now, more clearly and for the better and I could not imagine my life without being here. I am grateful for a husband that trusted the Lord and followed His calling, it has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment